The application process for children’s CHIP or Medicaid can be confusing and overwhelming. Our team of attorneys and paralegals are here to guide you through the entire application process as well as monitor the status of your child’s application. Lone Star Legal Aid’s Connecting Texas Kids to Coverage team prepared answers to the most common health coverage related questions they receive.
What we can do
- We will assist each applicant to complete an application and submit the application on their behalf.
- We will act as an authorized representative for the applicant, when possible, which will allow us to more easily track application and enrollment progress.
- We will work with the client to submit any needed supplemental documents and meet any verification requirements. Once a client is enrolled, we will advise the client on maintaining enrollment and using their coverage.
- We will monitor term-end dates and upcoming recertification processes and communicate with the client to ensure continued coverage until recertification is complete.
Qualifications and eligibility
Before you speak with our team, make sure your child meets these requirements for LSLA service eligibility.
- Children 18 years old or younger; or
- Children up to age 19 can qualify for Medicaid in some cases;
- A Texas resident;
- A U.S. citizen; and
- Income is at or below 200% of federal poverty levels
How to get started
For individual assistance, contact us at 713-652-0077 ext. 8103. Let us know that you would like to talk to our team regarding Children’s Medicaid for your kids. One of our paralegals specializing in Children’s Medicaid & CHIP will talk to you to determine your eligibility for the programs.
If you would like to learn more about Texas Children’s Medicaid and CHIP programs, please visit our previous blog here.
Want to become a partner with LSLA?
If you are interested in collaborating, joining forces for outreach events, or doing on-site enrollment, please contact LSLA Project Coordinator, Christian Pineda at
713-652-0077 ext. 1037 or CPineda@lonestarlegal.org
If you or a loved one are a victim and need assistance, you can apply for free legal services by calling 1-800-733-8394 or by visiting our website at www.lonestarlegal.org. For more resources, visit the Texas Crime Victim Legal Assistance Network.
Lone Star Legal Aid is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit law firm focused on advocacy on behalf of low-income and underserved populations. Lone Star Legal Aid serves the millions of people at 125% of federal poverty guidelines that reside in 72 counties in the eastern and Gulf Coast regions of Texas, and 4 counties of southwest Arkansas. Lone Star Legal Aid focuses its resources on maintaining, enhancing, and protecting income and economic stability; preserving housing; improving outcomes for children; establishing and sustaining family safety and stability, health and well‐being; and assisting populations with special vulnerabilities, like those who have disabilities, or who are elderly, homeless, or have limited English language skills. To learn more about Lone Star Legal Aid, visit our website at www.lonestarlegal.org.
Media contact: email@example.com