You have reached Lone Star Legal Aid’s resources for Texas individuals and families impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It contains information from us as well as links to resources from trusted organizations.
If you need immediate legal assistance, you can reach us to apply for our services over the telephone at 1-800-733-8394. You can also apply for our services online here.
Texas Eviction HELP Project
If you are looking for information about the eviction process, you should click on the red button below to start the Texas Eviction HELP Interview. The interview (preview shown in the image below) provides useful information about the eviction process and links to trusted resources. The interview will also create court papers that you can file in eviction court based on the answers you provide to questions during the interview.
© 2000-2020 IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law and CALI
LSLA CARES Tool
Lone Star Legal Aid has created a new tool, LSLA CARES, to help you search the many public databases available to find out if your property is subject to the CARES Act. See if your property is covered here.
Due to changing circumstances, this information may be superseded by current events, new laws and regulations, disaster declarations and extensions, court orders, and administrative agency decisions. While we will make every effort to update this information when possible, the user should always check for updates and be guided accordingly.
Evictions and Foreclosure
- COVID-19 – Eviction Protections from the CARES Act | 5/22/20
- City of Houston launches 15 million covid-19 rental assistance program | 5/10/20
- COVID-19 Avoiding Foreclosure Under the CARES Act | 5/6/20
- COVID-19 Evictions in Texas 12th Emergency Order |4/30/20
- COVID-19 Evictions in Texas | 4/17/20
- COVID-19 – P-EBT Food Benefits for People with School Age Children | 5/27/20
- COVID-19 WIC Special Food stamps for pregnant women infants and children FAQs | 4/21/20
- COVID-19 Public Benefits FAQs | 4/8/20
- Medicaid and SNAP Benefits Continue for Lone Star Legal Aid Client | 3/28/20
- COVID-19 Debt Collection and Garnishment FAQs | 4/21/20
- COVID-19 Consumer FAQs | 3/30/20
- National Consumer Protection, Part 3: Coronavirus Scams | 3/18/20
- A Silent Pandemic: The Rise of Domestic Violence During COVID-19 | 6/22/20
- Isolation During the Coronavirus Can Be Dangerous for Domestic Violence Victims | 3/24/20
Economic Impact Payment
- COVID-19 – Impacts on Compliance with and Enforcement of Environmental Laws | 5/21/20
- Disaster During a Pandemic – The Tornado that Hit Onalaska, Texas in the Midst of the Novel Coronavirus | 5/21/20
- Lone Star Legal Aid Launches Online Intake | 3/17/20
LSLA COVID-19 General Update | By Clarissa Ayala | March 26, 2020
COVID-19 Related Consumer Legal Tips | By Dana Karni | March 31, 2020
COVID-19 Related Unemployment Tips | By Jeff Larsen | April 3, 2020
COVID-19 and its Impacts on Veterans Benefits and other Public Benefits | By Military Veterans Unit | April 20, 2020
COVID-19 – Safety Planning Resources | By Crime Victim Unit | April 22, 2020
COVID-19 Economic Stimulus and Tax Information | By Low Income Taxpayer Clinic | April 29, 2020
COVID-19 SNAP (Food stamp) Benefits Information | By Public Benefits Unit | May 4, 2020
- CBS – Renters Rights Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- KPFT – The People’s News for March 20, 2020
- Questions From A Renter During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Renters’ Rights: What landlords and tenants can and cannot do amid coronavirus outbreak
- 6 Fix | Halfway house tenants won’t be forced to leave their home
- Texarkana Talks With Lisa Crittenden From Lone Star Legal Aid
- On the brink of homelessness: how low-income families manage during COVID-19 pandemic
- Many families receiving eviction notices amid COVID-19 pandemic
- They can’t leave a Houston motel because of coronavirus. Worse, they might not be able to stay.
- Renters at risk as ban on evictions expires April 30
- Tenants Plan Rent Strikes as Pandemic Worsens Housing Crisis
- Here are answers to your questions about evictions and renters’ rights during the coronavirus pandemic
- HERE 2 HELP: How to find free legal help in Houston during the coronavirus pandemic
- Eviction procedures in Texas to restart soon | So, what can renters do?
Lone Star Legal Aid is one of a number of organizations that support www.TexasLawHelp.org. We post our community education materials on that site as a public service.
Other links to recovery programs can be found on https://www.disasterlegalaid.org.