Lone Star Legal Aid’s Foreclosure Prevention Project formed with a mission of helping low-income homeowners and their families preserve homeownership and, in doing so, protect home equity, gain housing stability, and safeguard communities.
The Foreclosure Prevention Project works to:
- Prevent the foreclosure of a home;
- Delay the foreclosure of a home; or
- Obtain another benefit for a homeowner in a foreclosure-related matter by providing:
- Brief advice and/or counsel;
- Transactional Assistance; and
- Representation in Court and/or Administrative Proceedings.
The Foreclosure Prevention Project staff are funded by Texas Access to Justice Foundation’s Legal Aid for Communities and Homeowner’s (LACH) grant, and the Equal Justice Works – Greater Houston Community Foundation Disaster Recovery Legal Corp.