Lone Star Legal Aid is committed to representing the people in our service area who need us. If you are eligible and need a lawyer, we want to be able to help you directly. You can apply for free legal help below.
Although we try our best, we don’t have enough resources to represent everyone who needs us. One study has shown that we can’t directly help over 80% of the people who qualify and need us. This page will provide information and resources for people who need help with civil legal issues. The A2J Interviews below will help prepare legal documents you may need to file in court.
Help in court
- In a Texas lawsuit, the court will require you to create documents explaining important information about your case. This interview will help you create some of these documents. You can come back and use this interview as many times as you want to create the documents you need.
- We can help you create the following documents. Some of these will be filed with the court and some will be sent to the other side(s) in the lawsuit.
- TX Initial Disclosures
- TX Expert Disclosures
- TX Pretrial Disclosures
- TX Motion to Quash Pre-Disclosure Discovery
- TX Motion to Compel Initial Disclosures
- TX Motion to Extend Deadline to Submit Initial Disclosures.
- Video explaining what “discovery” is.
- Video explaining some new changes to the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure
Help with COVID-19
- We are updating our COVID-19 tools with information as it comes out. Stay posted!
Help after a disaster
Please check back if you need help and don’t see something here that you need. We’re planning to add more tools over time.