The Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic provides services to taxpayers who are low-income or who speak English as a second language (ESL).
- The LITC program provides:
- Representation for individuals in disputes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including audits, appeals, collection matters, and federal tax litigation. The LITC can also help taxpayers respond to IRS notices and correct account problems.
- Education about taxpayer rights and responsibilities.
- Advocacy on behalf of low income and ESL taxpayers.
- The LITC program does not offer tax preparation services. Individuals seeking tax preparation assistance can visit/contact a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. The VITA program offers free tax preparation services to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers. Click here locate the nearest VITA site near you or call 1-800-906-9887.
IRS TAX TIPS
Although the clinic receives funding from the IRS, we are not a part of the IRS and using the clinic will not affect your rights before the IRS. We do not offer tax preparation services and do not handle property tax issues. There is no fee for any of our services.